About Me

My photo
Wife * Mama * Preschool & Music Teacher * Daughter of God * My Toughest Critic * Lucky Friend * Recovering Diet Coke-aholic * Pinterest Fiend * Scrapbooker * Penny Pincher and Coupon Clipper * Dreamer * Army Mom * Adoptive and Birth Mama * Blessed Mother of 7 Beautiful Sons and 1 Daughter, 65 Foster Kidlets, and 22 Exchange Students * Wife of a Prince

Followers

Saturday, May 25, 2013

It's Been a L.O.N.G Week

It's been a long week.  We are at the end of the school year and no one wants to study or do their chores.  Late nights getting last minute projects done and both football and cheer seasons have started. Baseball is still going hard and I have only one week left of teaching preschool.  You could say that things around the Barrus casa are a little rough.  We will survive.  I hope. 

As I was thinking about the "rough" parts this morning, semi-grousing about how much work we have to do today to get our house back to some sort of inhabitable, I was struck by all the awesome things my kids did this week  Here's a recap:

1.  We still managed to study our scriptures. And no one complained.  Or died.  Or complained.  :)
2.  Bria is working hard on her solo for Cantus' Finale concert this next week.  I am so excited to see her sing on stage.  She has such a beautiful voice!!
3.  Bronx and Boden are amazing baseball players -- between pitching, catching, homeruns, and grand slams, they are rockstars! Bronx is pitching so hard that even the coaches are afraid of it.  Looks to me like we are going to have a pitching/catching duo to take Borah all the way to the state championships in 2017 :)
4.  Boden's heart monitor was placed on Thursday and now we will spend the next 30 days getting monitored.  He hates it.  But he's wearing it and I'm grateful that we might actually get some answers.  
5.  BJ sang in his school's talent show.  He rocked it!  Proud mama right here.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment